January thought buster tips for the winter blues.
January can be a tough month.
We have all started the New Year with high hopes and aspirations but 2 weeks in we start to flag.
The days are short, the nights are long and spring seems like a long way off and to top it all the tax returns have to be completed!!!!
......Who thought that was a good idea in the depth of winter?
I know many of you are feeling uninspired, drained and THOSE LITTLE GREMLINS that lurk in the back of your mind are really getting their act together and telling you “you won’t succeed”, “you have no right to be doing this” and the worst one.......”you are too old”.
Trust me I know how you feel.
So here are a few quick thought busting tips to get rid of those negative gremlins that I have learnt over the years.
They do work!.......They won’t bring the sun out but they will bring back your positive thoughts.
I also know that you will be telling yourself that you don’t have time for all this stuff
BUT let’s face it
When you are feeling demotivated all you are doing is sitting in front of your computer BUT not actually doing anything so you really DO HAVE THE TIME.
1. Write 3 things down that you have achieved in your life that you thought you may not at the time......at our age we all have plenty of those but choose to ignore our wins and focus on the negative.....which is perfectly normal but not helpful when the days are short and the weather is awful. Actually writing down your achievements and reminding yourself of your strengths is very powerful.
2. Watch an inspirational video or listen to a podcast . Like watching a comedy show on the TV which makes you laugh and therefore feel happier, an inspirational video or podcast will inspire you again and give you your mojo back.
3. Do something that is “you time” for at least half an hour that will take your concentration away from your work. For me it is walking my dog Bobbie across fields, it doesn’t matter if it is pouring with rain and blowing a gale, being out with Bobbie clears my mind and I come back feeling refreshed and revitilised.
4. Deep breathing for 5 minutes and clear your mind, it will relax you and ease your tensions.
5. Concentrate on achieving at least one goal.....every win naturally lifts your spirits.
Let us all know how you get on and what has worked for you to bust those negative gremlins and start marching towards 2022 success.
#newlifemidlife #womeninbusiness #femaleentrepreneurs